Hi, I’m Luiza…
I was born once upon a time somewhere nice, and then I grew up in several places. During my childhood I traveled a lot and sincerely, because I couldn’t afford a camera, I was always trying to get the photos from friends and relatives.. After I went to college, where I learned important things that formed me in the one I am today, took some dance and music lessons, read some books…. and suddenly I was a grown up. Several years ago I started playing with photography, which led to where I am right now.
As we pass by life most of us forget to open our eyes and see. Since I put my hand on a camera, I started to see the world in a different way, a way that I couldn’t describe in words. Photography is more than technique and composition. Photography “speaks” through light and shadows about emotions, moments, inner feelings, life style, cultures and customs. It speaks about life, and this is what I love and want to express through my images.
I always aim to create images in which each viewer can find himself in a certain stage of life whether we talk about fine art, family portraits or documentary photography. I started photography in 2007 when I decided to capture the places where I was traveling. But travel photography was not enough so I started to challenge her with different projects. I traveled and pictured people and places from Romania, Nepal, Argentina, India, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Jordan and many many others.
I have tried almost all types of photography but none of them fascinates me enough as portraiture, being documentary, fine art or conceptual. We, as human being, are beautiful and that is reflected through our eyes, through our features, through our gesture.
It is stunning just to stay and observe, and then capture it and show it, in order to open the eyes of everybody towards the beauty that is around us. I started photography because this is the only way to express what I see, feel, think, to make public my inner being, my state of mind. And it is an unbelievable stunning feeling when you show your work and people find themselves in it, in that pictures, in that moment.
Each image represents a part of me and hopefully of you. Even thou we see it in a different way, it is a reflection of a part of what we are.
Photography is my mirror and I love it.
Publications, awards and exhibitions:
- Personal exhibition “Through time”, Bucharest, Romania, 2011
- Personal exhibition “ Emotions”, Brasov, Romania, 2013
- Group exhibition FotoHaiku “Dance”, Bucharest, Romania, 2013
- Group exhibition within International Festival of Film and Photo Slideshow called ” Autumn in Voroneţ” Gura Humorului, Romania, 2012/2013
- Group exhibition “Imbold Nativ”, Bucharest, Romania 2013
- Group exhibition “Versus dar impreuna”, Negresti-Oas, Romania 2013
- Group exhibition ” Bucharest Photo Week”, Bucharest, Romania 2015
Published work in National Geographic, Foto4all, Nikonisti.ro, MyPortraitHub.com, Blur Magazine, Professional Photography UK, Fine Art Photo, Dodho Magazine, Bored Panda, 1x.com and many others.
„Identities” Project publications, awards and exhibitions:
- 3rd place on National Awards, Sony Photography Awards, 2014
- Project exhibition „Identities” , Barlad, Romania, 2014
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Brasov, Romania, 2014
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Bucharest, Romania, 2014
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Cluj Napoca, Romania, 2015
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Lyon, France, 2015
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Romanian Consulate in Lyon, France, 2015
- Project exhibition „Identities”, Paris, France, 2015
Thank you for visiting my website and I hope to hear from you soon.